Monday, April 24, 2023

Book Review: "You're Going To Be Okay" By Madeline Popelka

 



You're Going to Be Okay couldn't have arrived at a better time. In fact, at the exact time I received this ARC via Netgalley I was participating in several trauma training courses for my new employer as a mental health worker.

What I found in reading this was the need is great in the mental health arena and as a mental health worker we see this need daily rising.
We cannot ignore the pleas for help and the greatest gift in helping our brothers and sisters to stabilize their lives and become self sufficient in their own lives for the betterment of society.
In this reading, we uncovered 16 lessons on healing after trauma which were explictly discussed in detail to the advancement of the reader.
Trauma Doesn’t Have an Expiration Date, Your Emotions Are Your Allies, You Weren’t Meant to Heal Alone, Hold Space for the Goodness, Embrace the Ongoing Process are great topics for discussion that warranted your attention.
For me with advanced knowledge on this topic, having helped others heal on my own self help page -The Lost Self Life After Narcissism, and now having expert training on the topic, as well as being a trauma survivor myself from a DV relationship with a malignant narcissist for many years I can say that this book was just average for the beginner.
It was a good starting off point but for those seeking additional more complex answers or to add to the wealth of knowledge obtained this may not be advanced enough for your liking in your field of study or as the average individual.
I did enjoy the weekend read and hope you do as well.
I'd like to thank the author Madeline Popelka, the publisher Hay House Inc, and Netgalley as well as Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment