Monday, April 24, 2023

Book Review: "The Comeback" By Lily Chu






 Absolutely adored this book!

In the beginning of this amazing read I wasn't quite sure what I might be getting myself into as it was about this young, impressionable, and eccentric young lady who had a career on the line as well as a new companion that just so happened to be in close range to her.
Ok, he was on her couch upon entering but still he's a really HUGE, extra BIGGLY, and extremely popular young man in his own right.
Who knew he was also the roommates cousin which adds this extra flavor especially when things get involved and start to become heated.
I thought perhaps this might become mundane and not my arena as I'm not huge on chick lit/romance but I'll tell you this book hit the notes and sung opera to the top.
It's quite a breath of fresh air in the springtime to read something that really showcases self discovery in an era when women are often sadly portrayed as eye candy and unable to have it all.
Why not have the cake and eat it too?
Great, wonderful, exhilirating, and captivating to the core.
Highly recommend and must note a special thank you to Netgalley, Lilly Chu, and Sourcebooks Casablanca for this ARC copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment