Thursday, July 20, 2023

Book Review: "Famous In A Small Town" By Viola Shipman

 



Viola Shipman aka Wade has always been one of my fan favorites but this one just didn't cut the cake nor the cherry pie.

While it's all about the spitting of the pit the furthest and getting some type of recognition among the family of ladies who held the title it's also about seeing beyond the finish line.

I'd hope there's more to it than just a ton of mismatched relationships and bad engagements but sadly it's quite centered on that topic and in the end I was seeking something more to entice me.

While it was nice that the ending had some flare with Mary's grandson and the bells going off for a lifetime of happiness I didn't feel the characters were expanded upon and felt they needed some roundness to their edges.
Mary is quite the baller and yes, she may just have set another record but in the end what does it matter because it went from the store in this small town to a pit toss and takeover.

I'm just not feeling it...Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment