Friday, July 28, 2023

Book Review: "The Other Year" By Rea Frey

 



The Other Year examines parenting and the loss of a child in a rapid fire way that's sure to draw attention -good and bad!

Look, I'm a trade blogger having read well over 3k books as a speed reader and for me this book didn't quite make the mark for a variety of reasons.

The most prominent issue for me was in character development and lack thereof, in which I didn't feel anything for the emotions that were being displayed.

The romance felt forced with multiple men that became more tedious than enjoyable.
The ending felt too much like the, "Dating Show" in which two of the three were eliminated with one hopeful left to choose from and just didn't do it for me.

Thanks to Rea Frey, the pub, Netgalley for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment