Friday, July 28, 2023

Book Review: "Liar" By Fern Michaels

 



I've been reading Fern Michaels since I began nearly 10 years ago.

Fern is from my neck of the woods and so I enjoyed seeing local areas mentioned however, in this case there wasn't a local connection nor a strong character connection.

I was hoping to fall in love with this brother/sister duo of Luna and older bro Cullen especially upon the setting with a armoire etched with intriguing detail.

However, as it played out we learned about the wealth status for the elite, the abduction, and the consequent damage control that played out.

Kidnapping usually stirs up the pot and this was no different but it didn't lead me to want to come along for the ride nor the steal.

Gambling debts, criminal activity, and ransom are some of the highlights but for me it fell flat in the end.
Thank you to Fern, the pub, Netgalley for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment