Monday, May 8, 2023

Book Review: "The Perfect Ones" By Nicole Hackett

 



The reviews are in and this for me was good but not overly memorable.

It begins with the storyline about a powerful influencer gone suddenly missing on an Icelandic trip.
Sure, icebergs are as chilling as they can be bombarding and so too seem to be the perfect description of the two friends being looked at for their knowledge.

What I can say is the book never seemed to take us on the voyage that I was hoping to take. I wasn't thrilled with anything persay, as the crime connection or lack thereof, was mediocre.

We learn of an ice berg, of a rope, of some binge eating scenarios, but all in all I'm just not feeling it.
As the story progresses we are told about some harrowing moments, some emotional turmoil, pregnancy, and the latter issues with drugs, with a weapon involved.

The ending for me was too weak and nothing was concrete or substantial to peak my interest.
Thank you to Nicole Hackett, Dreamscape Media, Netgalley, and Amazon Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment