Tuesday, May 23, 2023

"Loyalty" by Lisa Scottoline




 Lisa Scottoline has always been my go to author when I need something uniquely crafted and superbly written as she never disappoints.

This one for me sadly was a bit over the top with the characters, charades, and mafia type feel but not enough of the development for me to get attached to it.

One issue was with the back and forth fighting that felt like it was tossed in for added measure but not much build up and by the time the ending came it fell flat.

I couldn't get into the kill off segments nor the plot and drop with the characters and lost interest in trying to bother.

What did excite my senses was the hidden parental ways and the loyalty that took over and placed these characters firmly in the center for focus and perception.

If it wasn't for that notion I think I'd have quit mid stream on this one.

Thank you to Osterhout Free Library for the constant flow of reader's choice new books. Always a great selection. Please support your local libraries and show 'em some love.

No comments:

Post a Comment