Thursday, January 26, 2023

Book Review: "The Block Party" By Jamie Day

 



Best book read in 2023!!! The Block Party brings the excitement with one hell of a party. So much so that I think I might want to relocate to their world.

Let me tell you guys, everything is flying! Bullets, Bodies, Lies, Fireworks, Romance, Divorces or was that Pre-Nups...and so much more! Notice the caps for emphasis -yes, it was that good!

Let me set this up for you: I'm hogging down on a bag of chips when I couldn't put them in my mouth fast enough to keep up with the pace of this book. I was so invested I have to go back and vacuum after this review. I kid you NOT! I literally turned to my college age son and said, "This book is fantastic!" I couldn't depart to even get the darn mail that was just delivered...Lol

Seriously, what's not to like? Jamie Day brings this inviting thriller from one of my all time favorite publishers-St. Martin's Press.

There's blackmail, stalking, murder, mystery, intrigue, drugs, infidelity, parental issues, relationship problems,.. my word!

As a divorced, single mom of three (2 in college/1 in high school) with all the drama/isssues loaded I couldn't help but relate on many levels and I hope you can too.

The urgency, the thickening plots, the sense of structure, the colorful and vivid characters, the setting...It's all just perfect.

If you're like me you enjoy fast paced energy. Things moving and groving in all directions yet relatable, exciteable, and dare I say dangerous.

Revenge is on the minds of some as we learn that adoption might be in play. Each characters relationships are tested. Nerves fraid. Emotions on high. Alerts should seriously be given before entering certain situations.

Wait,...Did you hear fireworks?!...

As seasons change with the weather the moods swiftly change. Life is constantly evolving.

That ending....Oh, girl. You had me perplexed what direction we were headed.

I didn't know whether to duck from a sucker punch, hide from a bullet, run for the hills, grab the binoculars, watch from afar, or simply dive in & enjoy the water.

Wow! I seriously think I might just need a social detox or whatever's on the menu at this point. LOL!

Speaking of which what are we being served up next? I can't wait to see because I'll prepare myself now. Maybe grab a few pills to go with a nice drink or something...Oh, wait...I don't drink nor take pills.
Ok, well then I'll sit and wait because I'm not wealthy and money doesn't grow on trees but if you play your cards right....it may just fall into place. Just ask Willow.

I always wondered if people would be worried about D.N.A. results if they're really seeking truths but perhaps I'll direct that question to Riley as she seems to be all set.

Mandy is my hero! Hot damn! I don't blame her , no really I don't because in life you sometimes have to take matters into your own hands.

That mess with the two deaths is so engaging, twisty, and darn right fun that I'm sure it'll be praised for years to come.

This book darn near gave me a seizure, but luckily I've only had one stroke. Poor Evan though, I just wish he was in better health.
Welp, I got to go. It's been a blast. Sparkle on -Queen!

Thank you for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment