Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Book Review: "No One Needs to Know" By Lindsay Cameron

 


Hacked forum! Snitches get stitches! Or, perhaps escape from work/life balance!

Whatever you might wish to call this novel one thing is certain -Perfection might be overrated but in this case PERFECTION starts with Cameron!

I don't think I've had as much fun in the past few days reading than I have when I sat down to be enthralled by, "No One Needs to Know."

The title says it all- NOBODY needs to know in theory but in essence everyone wants to know your damn business. Drama is spinning faster than the National Enquirer can print it up.
What we have in this situation is three woman with various different issues and one person dead.
Wait...what?

This is a preppy high school -wth? Someone's dead?!

Not just dead but the forum for gossip is becoming juicier. Ripe with accusations, full of questions, with humor tossed in for good measure, and some serious vaping weed charges being tossed around.
It's a question of not whom did it but whom caught it on video and then what actor(s) were involved in order to face charges.

Everyone was suspect until one by one the pile started to dwindle.

Not my kid, nope not my kid, neither was it mine....we went around the circle of friends.
If that didn't wet your whistle than perhaps a full affair accusation & some divorce forums just might?!
Ok, not to get overly excited but I'll tell ya I read tons of books from all genres and this is truly my favorite by far! Hands down...Or, was it hands up...

Good grief, I think I hear sirens....

Wait, one second...the police have arrived to start interviewing people after finding Bennett -Norah's husband.

Could Heather our outsider turned mom of the year seeking placement in an elite school for her girl be at the root cause of known evil?

How about Norah herself? After all she was seeking divorce for the alleged infidelity allegations?
What was this about a large sum of money being tossed around for some scam? Was this to by silence? Could this be a con artist flexing their muscles and preying upon women?

Look, I think I hear Poppy who is an angel in disguise (enter sarcasm here)....

Oh, wait...Bulletin announcement- We bring to your attention that someone is messing around with the school's lacrosse coach..

Are you kidding? Sicko's !

My word, I couldn't get enough of this "hactivist" anonymous group because these ladies sure know how to have a good time.

It might just be that Lindsay is a former lawyer (public defender intern/Masters in criminal justice here) or because I have put my kids through these elite private schools & know far too much about how they're run.
Or, could it be because I'm divorced and no the rumor mill from a line of enablers turned smear campaign expert.

Either way you can't lose with this one because it's certain to cause a stir! Bon Voyage!! ;)

Thank you to Lindsay Cameron, Bantam, Netgalley for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment