Saturday, January 28, 2023

Book Review: "The Whispers" By Ashley Audrain





Holy burning pancakes...What did I just read?!

I've heard of a romp in the hay ...but a romp in the backyard is a new twist!

Things are certainly heating up around here and I have to thank Ashley Audrain for this wonderful new book addressing just some of what mothers endure.

As a single mom of three, a weekend only former spouse, a woman who was told she's nothing more than a kept woman and a biz partner never a wife ...Trust me I feel the pain much like these characters.

That raw, emotional, deeply excruciating pain from childbirth, to childrearing, to empty nesters.

I've got to hand it too you each of these characters are complex yet relatable and so darn exciting to uncover.
Four families each with a story to tell at a neighborhood party for that turns into a trip to the hospital.

What we learn throughout this process is that nothing is as it seems.

The tiny cracks are enlarging with each new piece until finally an explosion of emotion and turmoil.

Don't rock the boat might be a great verbage but in this case the windows are rattling within the eyes of a child.
How could this all happen? What part of selfish desires don't you understand...Ok, hear me out. This is not the 'eye for an eye' is it?

Ahhh, I'm not releasing anything more but suffice to say you everyone hears, "The Whispers."

Thank you Ashley Audrain, Viking Books, and Netgalley for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment