Sunday, July 21, 2019

Book Review: "The Golden Hour" By Beatriz Williams


The Golden Hour is the time just before the sun sets when everything looks the most beautiful but this one missed the mark for me.

When you're looking for espionage, treason, murder and find more of a historical tease tied to a historical romance without any answers being provided to the conclusion of the events....

Well for starters this one left me in a bit of wonderment as to the who dun it motive behind not only the murder but the treason.


The characters for me seemed to act out of character and there was something that seemed to be missing as if readers aren't told the whole story behind their actions.


The use of fowl language mainly the 'F' word in the plot didn't impress me or entice me to read on especially with someone who writes so well that doesn't need the use of shock value.


The story started off slow and the remainder including the two varying timelines made it difficult at times to keep it all straight.


All in all not a bad read but not one of my fav's from Beatriz.


By the way I was declined for NetGalley and since I'm a Top 22 USA reviewer with nearly 100% feedback I was a bit taken back.


I waited for this one from my local library being first on the list for library hold
s.

No comments:

Post a Comment