Sunday, July 7, 2019

Book Review: "Mrs Everything" By Jennifer Weiner

"A girl named Jo once had a life. But that’s gone now; she’s only wife.”

So many labels are attached to one's life before they ever get going.

What a woman endures from childhood to adulthood may not astound you if you're a female but there's something here for each one of us to take away and find relatable and duable.

We've all endured pain, we've all endured hardships, we've all endured triumphs and failures but Jennifer has a way of writing that brings you in, has you take a seat, and respect her work while you're engulfed in the reading you'll find that you're also relating to every word, every sequence of events, and every glimmer of hope for the future and beyond.

This book takes us through the world of Beth and Jo as they seen it and lived it through their eyes from the 50, 60, 70, and beyond.

While those times were hard in and of themselves for the racial divides, the historical events, the social conquests it also was a time of deep thought and reflection for each of our characters.

Heavy topics for discussion were brought up such as molestation, rape, abortion and the like but it was done in a careful and thoughtful way to survivors.
While I'm disappointed I was turned away for an ARC at Netgalley with 100% feedback rating and over 1026 books read last year alone with Goodreads currently with a top 22 ranking in the US as top reviewer I won't hold it against Jennifer.

In all fairness I was sent an FB message from Meghan Burnett in April 2019 but unfortunately I don't use FB all that much and didn't even have messenger set up so it went to my other messages that I don't check . Sadly it wasn't seen till this month and by then I already had placed this book on hold at my local library. I hope next time around we can connect on any of my other sites such as Goodreads, Twitter, or Netgalley which I utilize more frequently.

However, with that said I'm so glad I waited for this to come out because it was fabulous!

Thank you for trying to reach out to me! This is truly a must read!

No comments:

Post a Comment