Monday, July 29, 2019

Book Review: "A Good Neighborhood" By Therese Anne Fowler

The American Dream altered by two different families with two different perspectives on racial equality, crimes of passion, and single parenting.

For me the Good Neighborhood was about making a mark from a white author by including a bi-racial son and while I read the opening points from the author I felt it was disjointed and forced.


The action was way too slow to reveal the importance of the characters and the accusations they were facing in terms of murder, rape, etc...


The idea of the racial tensions for me was not free flowing but felt like I was reminded of it throughout the book and as a reader I don't want to be focused on the color of the skin but rather the writing style and format being offered.


The entire idea behind the book just wasn't for me but that doesn't mean it won't be a good fit for those empty nesters out there.


I can note that Brad Whitman seems to be a real charmer and quite wealthy but will that wealth help or hurt him....


Teen romance is never an easy topic but when you can't see eye to eye it becomes a bit more complicated.


I hope you enjoy this read as I'm sure as the author noted she did her research but for me it just fell short.

No comments:

Post a Comment