Thursday, May 6, 2021

Book Review: "Family Reunion" By Nancy Thayer



Nancy Thayer has proven time and time again why she deserves all the praise and glory.

Family Reunion was a wonderful new read that was full of excitement, family tensions, and exhilarating romances.

I've read many books over the years in this genre of women's fiction, romance, chick lit and I have to say that Nancy Thayer is one of my all time favorite author's in this category.
It's not easy to paint constant perfection upon paper. Many want a beach read but don't prefer flawed characters. The reviewers I've read prefer 'easy street' as compared to the 'life of hard knocks.'

Luckily, for you I'm not into likeable characters nor would I rate a book on whether or not the characters are likeable. For me, I stress the fact that I rate based on emotional appeal, quality writing, skills and talent that come across on paper but more importantly in my thoughts, feelings, and overall book appeal.

Would I select a book based on the cover? NO!
Would I select a book based on characters alone? NO!

Family reunion is about life's struggles. It's about romance. It's about pain. It's about heartbreak and everything one can expect to find in a 'not -so-perfect-world.'

It begins with the granddaughter Ari trying to find her place in the world. Will she be ostracized or accepted in life once the truth of her 'full' actions have been revealed.
 It's one thing to be on 'top of the world' in one's twenties but it's entirely different to face challenges head on and she literally must do that in more ways than one with Peter in her life.

This breakup was just the tip of the iceberg as her entire career, life's ambitions, and her education are all on the line.

With this noted, Eleanor was our main character, and mother of Alicia and Cliff. These family dynamics are powerful. The fact that adults are trying to convince her to sell her property for a cut of 15mill is just part of the downtrodden mean and rotten game that she must endure.

When you find that you're capable of standing on your own but want the world to give handouts you uncover that perhaps you're not cut out for adulthood.

While I've read more comments about another similar author in this genre I think it's awful that anyone would compare and contrast.

We are all given talents and you must use those talents to your greatest abilities.
I'm absolutely honored to have received an advanced reader copy in exchange for this honest review.

I'm in love with this author's writing style, her sense of compassion, her ability to portray rough edges as eloquently as perfection, and her talent in showing that diamonds are forged from glass.

Amen! Carry on!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment