Saturday, May 15, 2021

Book Review: "Persist" By Elizabeth Warren



I never knew Elizabeth Warren had such a wonderful sense of humor.

She would've made a fab President but unfortunately the world isn't ready for strong women and would rather silence those who're getting the job done.

As a powerful feminist I believe we need more intelligent, successful, and personable women in high offices and this is one of them.

Elizabeth Warren has proven that she understands the women's plight, the lack of equality in pay, the reasons women need affordable childcare, and the need for paid time leave.
What amazes me is that the rest of society hasn't quite caught up to this new line of thinking. That we can't keep repeating the same myth about the need to work harder. The need to pull oneself up by the bootstraps.

I worked those 'thankless' factory jobs. I was paid $7.25 hr. with a 10 cent raise. I was awarded the associate of the month, and top producer in two departments and for my hard work I received -$25 one time bonus (pre-tax).

Oh, do tell how we can't afford a living wage....Please keep up the myths about working hard because I did the hard work but wasn't paid what I should've been receiving.

Now, I find myself as a twenty year homemaker with a Masters and 100k marital debt from divorce. I find myself with 30k medical debt from having kids w/o insurance coverage. I find myself with 30k student loan debt unable to pay off after 20 years and unable to get hired because I'm a single parent of three who gave up her career for the sake of child rearing that allowed my former spouse to excel while I faltered.

We need to replenish the time lost. We need to provide to the 50% workforce that are made up of women. We are the future.

Today I sit here typing this in the midst of the pandemic. I see egotistical alpha males who have taken over every aspect of living.

They have created a 'man's world' making it extremely difficult to make a decent living.
It's all about living a life built upon lies and I for one refuse to leave my morality behind for the sake of advancement.

What many don't realize is when a woman who has given up her career to raise kids wishes to re-enter the workforce she'll be told she lacks prior work skills and is overqualified. Like myself, she may even be told she comes across as entitled by the United Way President because she requested a job after spending 20 years working as a volunteer (unpaid) and now wishes to work (paid).

Imagine that? Twenty years as a Points of Light Awardee by our 41st President of these United States and I can't get a job.

Add insult to injury I married an abusive male. I was left bankrupt, homeless, long term unemployed without income, assets, or savings. I had to hire four attorneys who took my money and ran.

I was left with crippling debt, no credit, nothing in savings, nothing to fall back upon. My former spouse cashed out everything of value from kid's college funds to mutual stocks and bonds and was able to keep a house that was a marital asset without even giving up a dime.
I love when the men say that women make out like 'bandits'. The judges will rule in their favor. That there's no help for a man out there.

I found just the opposite.

There's no women's shelter in my area that allowed kids. There's no landlord willing to rent to a domestic violence victim with an active protection from abuse order. There's nobody who would give me a chance without good credit established and chapter seven on file.

So, now what?

Tell me how one survives when you have all this without even beginning your career? I have a Masters that sits in a locked safe never used and for which is useless.

I paid over 100k on a 30K loan that will never be used for a job that pays less than poverty wages and for a job that welfare pays $6 hour more with full benefits. Imagine a job that is full time but won't pay full time wages and or benefits?

Imagine working for less than what welfare pays?
Imagine working multiple jobs to succeed and then being subjected to severe spinal stenosis with a ganglion cyst that was so horrific it required surgery just to pick up a pen in your right hand?

Imagine being injured on the job and your boss wouldn't even help you after you had a fifty pound trolley (metal) hit you on the head from the floor above and not one person offered to call an ambulance. Instead you had to call your parent to come take you to the hospital while bleeding.

This wasn't worth the $7.25 and I'm now suffering debilitating issues because of this 'work to death' mentality.

I will gladly sit home until the pay reaches a level that one can survive. I'm 48 today and I can't imagine the world we'll leave for our children and their children.

This is god awful and I pray someone like Elizabeth Warren can one day break the glass ceiling because we need more women like her who understand women's issues and women's rights.

The assault against women must end. The injustices against all must end. We must be a nation of compassion, humanity, and not greed.

Thank you Elizabeth Warren for speaking the truths as I pray that one day intellect and truths will supersede lies from the uneducated in these higher positions of authority.
It's embarrassing to see the constant bickering, the threats, the intimidation from the far right.

I divorced a malignant narcissist and I know the destruction they cause but if you don't believe me then just read what I wrote and contact me because I can tell you a whole host of nightmares from the trail of destruction they leave behind.

Many see these narcs as believable and credible. They spin the lies to appear knowledgeable. However, ask the Proud Boys and you'll find that even they were lied too and taken advantage of by their 'so-called' leader.

The man was and is a nightmare and I pray he never gets sight of the highest office of the land in 2024!

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment