Friday, May 7, 2021

Book Review: "The Next Wife" By Kaira Rouda



First Wives rock!

Kaira Rouda has created one hell of a plot that even I didn't see coming. How she does it is anyone's guess but I'll tell you this is HOT! Powerful! OFF the walls MADNESS!

The story goes that everyone is crazy especially the ex-wife of John Nelson. After all he's a big wig with plenty to lose if things don't turn out for the best.

His former wife Kate and daughter Ashlyn seem a bit perplexed with this new younger chick he's married. You might as well cut to the chase and call her the 'gold digger' because it appears she's got this one in the bag.

Toss the B.S. to the side because the young lad don't know who she's messing with. Surely, she's got zero experience in the 'First Wives Club' and Tish is as gullible as they come.

Kate will show her the ropes and take her along for the experience of a lifetime courtesy of intellect, tenacity, courage, and downright NASTY because boys play house but men get married.

In fact, I'm getting thirsty right about now....I don't drink but I had a neighbor who loved margarita's.

Which reminds me- they say some older men want the newest and improved version. The younger the better. Women are often seen as easily replaceable. However, stupidity can't replace maturity and yes, this was laughable. Tish can't be this incompetent? Or, can she??

I wonder what Tish might say after the facts have been presented?

Well, before I jump the gun - or was that the stairs- well, anyway...

Let me tell you guys this is a must read. The chill factor on this was over the top. CRAY-CRAY!

It's like a 'murder for hire' plot gone terrible wrong...
I mean who would think that you marry for anything other than love, right?

Who would think that your spouse is out to put you six feet under?

I know I never thought it could happen to me and yet, I picked a real winner.

So, yes, it does happen and it scares the crap out of you.
The walls seem like their closing in..
Is it getting harder to breath...

Wait, John is what? He's where?
Are you kidding me??

Change of plans ...Ladies, listen we need to clear the air.
Start from scratch.

Sign on the dotted line...or not!

I mean clearly there's so much to this story that I can't possibly tell it all in one review.

This just sucks. It's the pits. Not being able to give any clues.

I wish I could help but mum's the word.
Sorry, but I had to do it.

Because in the end- those who came before may be labeled as crazy and jilted but really we are the glue that keeps it moving.

Speaking of which the next one in line might think she got the prize. She might think she won.

Oh, hunny don't think for one second we didn't strategize. We know what you think and we'll raise you one and see your arse to the door.

BAM! I'll take this with a cherry on top- Thank you very much!

You got this in the bag- Kaira!!
Kudos my friend! Job well done!!

Thank you to Kaira, the pub, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review from one proud as hell First Wives Club Member for life LOL.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment