Sunday, May 16, 2021

Book Review: "The Things That Matter" By Andrea Michael



First and foremost I must say, "Thank you" to this author and publisher for providing this lovely new gem as I was seeking a new read for my 48th birthday and this was just what the doctor ordered.

It reminded me to count my blessings. To live in the moment. To never forget where you came from and to cherish where you're going.

Memories are a reminder that we can be forged through ash to come out better not bitter.

The Things That Matter was so eloquently written that every minute emotion leaped off the page into your arms. Your heart and soul was flooded with this realization between Dan and Taz. 

Dan was facing a prison sentence but we never really understood why until the news broke. Literally and figuratively with a new article. It was at that moment that my jaw dropped.

I then knew what he did and perhaps more importantly why. 

It appears that there's much more to this story that is an underlying theme centering around childhood abuse, trauma, alcoholism, neglect, and poverty which left Taz feeling as if she was abandoned and ignored.

This story was truly a tear jerker so make sure you have the Kleenex ready and prepare for its use.

Thank you to Andrea, the pub, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment