Monday, November 4, 2019

Book Review: "Arcadia" By Mark Lages


When the author invited me to read Arcadia I knew it was a perfect fit for me.

I've counselled others in domestic violence, abuse, and DSM manual personality traits such as malignant narcissism and PTSD and this book fit well in that subject matter.


I had no idea just how valuable a book it would become as it was not only personal but sadly showed how suicide and depression not only affects the person but the entire social structure equally.


So often it is deemed as a 'cry for help' yet so often those closest to the suffering individual feel 'helpless' to do more.


It's that crossroads and threshold of pain and suffering that's addressed with characters that are simply multi dimensional, vivid, and lively.


The strength, the compassion, the honesty, the devotion and family unity is all on full display in a way that captures every human interaction, emotion, and foundation of strength.


It's humanity, it's diversity, it's reality that sadly has to be addressed as darkness must come to light for the common good of all humanity.


I pray this books finds others well as it addresses so much so beautifully in a world in which words are often not enough.


Thank you Mark for this advanced copy as I'm so eternally grateful for this gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment