Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Book Review: "The Christmas Boutique" By Jennifer Chiaverini

First, I give Kudos to the author for mentioning my hometown of Wilkes Barre Pennsylvania and the Osterhout Library (a gem in our community) along with the quilting craft.

While I know many who religiously attend the state fairs entering quilting contests it's a respectable and difficult task that the mostly all women grouping manage to make look effortless.


The ending leaves us in awe of the beauty behind such a skill that has taken years to master.


So with this said, I hold great respect for quilters having grown up around their work however, I felt this book for those who aren't familiar with such talent may find it mundane.


The beginning of this work laid the foundation for the Elm Street Manor in Pennsylvania which was turned into a quilters retreat after having seen better days.


It appears that Sylvia's sister truly left her a diamond in the rough that just needed some elbow grease and tender loving care.


While I enjoyed the drama over the frozen pipes and the new direction it was short lived and fell flat for me with the entire book centering around quilting and quilters.


As I noted it's very popular here, but sadly I was hoping for more beyond just the craft or the pettiness between the quilters and even more beyond the theft of the items.


With this said it was ok, but found myself seeking more.

No comments:

Post a Comment