Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Book Review: "More Than Just Mum" By Rebecca Smith

I always save the best for last and this was THE BEST!!

Kudos, to all those moms like self pulling double duty and YES - even those who are married with hard working husbands.


Look - Life is flawed with plenty of ups & downs but the ride- OH the SWEET Ride! IS WORTH EVERY PENNY!


Sure, I'm from the life of 'Hard Knocks' so relating to this was not hard for me and based on reviews we've all been there and done that with many of us getting the award (divorce, bankruptcy, homelessness, and zero income plus no assets nor income and certainly no savings or even credit).


Yes, I'd love to say this book was taken from my life but it was ...LOL!
No seriously allow me and every woman working her butt off while child rearing to sound off.


This is a laugh at loud comedy, a sad affair with fiction, and a memoir of our lives all wrapped into one.


Hannah is my gal! The one with dreams, with ambition, with goals -if only they were plugged into reality.


Dylan her eldest along with Scarlett her 16 yo and her youngest Benji are all part of this plan to be more than just a "MUM."


I digress for a split second here- because this is exactly what society needs to understand along with our legal system.


When I divorced it was written in my master's report that I was just a 'mom'.
Sure I'm a mom but that's not all of the story as I also have the same Masters my ex spouse has. I also have high honors and numerous honor societies. I have over 20 yrs not being paid but unpaid working aka volunteering with over 13 nonprofits.
My work was never PAID!


My work like many women out there is on full display and we wear it all proudly.
Our scars on our bodies from having kids and sadly many of us from being abused are worn like badges of honor!


As women we need to stay united on this front! We need to support one another! We need to know we are not ever ALONE!


Keep up the good work LADIES!...


WEAR IT LIKE A BOSS!

No comments:

Post a Comment