Saturday, November 16, 2019

Book Review: "House on Fire" By Joseph Finder

Passion, Intensity, Justice!

I loved everything in this one and more because of the vibrant work of Nick Heller whose at the top of his game.


He's determined to help after his army buddy Sean passed from an opiod addiction resulting in an overdose.


More and more we see our country under attack by such addictive pain killers and the crushing aftermath upon loved ones from pharmaceuticals seeking to make a quick buck.


I'll never forget the offering of a pain killer such as a steroid for pain that was yet to be defined by the doctor. Or the nurse, saying to me after giving birth, to just hit this button alongside the bed for pain relief after offering oxycodone.


I had done my research and knew the consequences of such an epidemic but many do not and many suffer far worse.


This is a terrible reality in the world in which we live and what a command performance here in House on Fire by Joseph Finder.


Thank you for granting my wish at NetGalley and providing this ARC as I gulped it up in a hurry.


Do not waste a second in waiting to read this one. It's a must read for 2020!

No comments:

Post a Comment