Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Book Review: "The Boy Without Love" By Simon Dawson

As a victim of domestic violence and abuse I applaud the author for writing about his own personal and heartfelt experiences.

The portrayal of his mother was quite hard to digest as I have similar feelings growing up unloved, unwanted, and discarded now well into adulthood.


So yes, I can relate on many levels but for me the connection to his current life on the farm and the animals interaction took away from the original importance of the book in addressing his own needs and creating a form of closure for him.


So for that reason it was an unusual read and one that I wanted to love more than what I ultimately did because of the farm animals and the discussions pertaining to their interactions.


Thank you for this ARC in exchange for this honest review via NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment