Friday, September 27, 2019

Book Review: "Growing Things" By Paul Tremblay

Well for once in my life I'm at a loss for words on this one by Paul Tremblay.

Growing Things was like Growing Pains but with a twist of weird, bizarre, the unknown, and the alarming.

What can one say as it felt disjointed with no real closure to these short stories and no real focus.

I felt lost literally like in a forest with no way out and having various paths to choose but not one that really took me anywhere (if that makes any sense).

I'm normally not a fan of short stories but I did enjoy a few of them in here (of course they were more geared to the thriller genre) but as a whole it wasn't my thing.

If this is your thing and you love short story collections than go for it.

One last point: As a writer I normally have no issue with inclusion into the story but in this case it was used as a 'slap of the hand' commentary towards other writers who don't get recognized for their work in the manner in which he'd like the notoriety.

So for that I can't stand behind this one as the critical component just wasn't my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment