Monday, September 9, 2019

Book Review: RIP GOP By Stanley Greenberg

"Buyers Remorse" is what they now are calling it from the Trump Supporters who felt they were being offered a bargain only to uncover it was nothing more than empty promises and broken dreams.

I'm so tired of hitting the repeat button but folks I married a malignant narcissist and they do nothing but seek to destroy.

It's all about personal gain from the source of supply otherwise known as the target.

In this case it's as if the entire country is being held hostage gaslighted, manipulated, brainwashed, and forced to watch from afar our democracy going straight into the empty bottomless pit that many of us know sadly all too well.

I must note I had no idea prior to selecting this from NetGalley that the author is the husband of Rosa DeLauro D-Conn.

I will note my story of food insecurities and poverty was only one of 20 nationwide to be selected by Community Voices on Why Nutrition Assistance Matters.

My story of inspirational struggles was told to every member of Congress by Rosa DeLauro (D-CT). The link is located here(p.38)
https://d3b0lhre2rgreb.cloudfront.net/ms-content/uploads/sites/9/2015/10/07191013/CommunityVoices-web-003.pdf
Not to sell myself short I'm also a proud recipient of the Points of Light Award from our 41st President George H.W. Bush 
https://www.pointsoflight.org/awards/donna-m-gatcha-hines/
Plus my entire family has been actively involved in government and politics with my ex spouse David currently serves on the GFOA national Budget & Fiscal Policy Committee; as a local cities operations coordinator having worked in OBP in DC, as town councilman, and as borough administrator. See info 
http://www.pittstoncity.org/pittston-city-departments/office-city-administrator/
My Cold War Navy Vet ('61-66)father governed as a twp supervisor for over 25 yrs having just received his accolades in 2012 from Barletta 
https://www.citizensvoice.com/news/nepa-veterans-receive-long-overdue-medals-1.1274859
So yes thick skin is involved in politics but this new gem is a whole other animal as DT goes beyond the norm to the unknown.

I live everyday in anxiety of what this man brings to the highest office of the land. From failed efforts on the tax front, to failed tarrifs, to a slowing economy which for me has always been in recession, to a man who just recently attempted to meet with Taliban leaders at Camp David.

This should scare the hell out of everyone but rather many are afraid to speak out and I get that because it's how I lived hidden behind closed doors in trying to simply survive.

However, there comes a time when we must all stand up, speak out, get involved, and fight for change in not only legislation but in office.

Make your votes count!

I realize many with the voting restrictions, gerrymandering, corruption in office it's not easy but you have to continue for those who lost their voices.

There was so much information in this book that I couldn't do it all justice but suffice to say the GOP is being made into the 'White Only' party.

The only recommendation at this point is to stay united. Keep telling our stories. Stay transparent.
Big corporate conglomerates and the top 1% cannot be the only governing body.

Toss em out!

DT may have won because he had what it took to lead Tea Party's losing battle for New America but we have what it takes to win it all back!

It's time to wake up America!

No comments:

Post a Comment