Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Book Review: "Sisters of Summer's End" By Lori Foster

As a single mom left to pick up the pieces after divorce from a not so fab childhood with toxicity reigning supreme I wanted to embrace this and run with it especially knowing about her son who wanted a father figure in his life.

I had high hopes for her new found career at the lakeside resort and the new friendships being formed especially with regard to Maris who also seemed to learn a lesson or two.
However, it was what I've found has become the new norm in the smut department of not romance but rather bed fellows and all that jazz.


It wasn't a romance but more an infatuation that eventually works in both their favors but for me I like the good old fashioned courtships not the hi, hello, jump in bed, ok now we marry kind of works.


One note is that the female heroine for me should be a strong and likeable character and not one seeking to be accepted for personal or professional gains.


One that is independent and determined to forge her own path and for me that was the part I seem to have missed here.


The writing was ok but I turn off during the hot and heavy scenes as I prefer more romance and a good strong story line that invites me in and grabs hold.


I hope you feel differently but suffice to say this was a good read just not my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment