Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Book Review: "Bunny" By Mona Awad

Rich girls calling each other Bunny? Sure why not read this!

No really what could go wrong when Samantha our main gal shows up on scene as a scholarship student MFA program at Warren University with her twisted dark imagination.
I mean the invite to the 'Smut Salon' how can you turn that down?


This cult like experience captivated her so much she left her only friend AVA behind.
So what was it that drew her in so deeply in this 'Workshop' of horrors and spells?


What happens when reality meets fantasy and explodes between the haves and have nots of the group?


At first reading this I was scratching my head thinking why I did this to myself. I had no idea where or why this was proceeding the way it was.


It was hard to understand the motivation, the action, the plot, or anything as certain words flashed across my mind. Words like: Cult, Bitch, Dark Romance, Caves, Hugging, Screaming, Naked Bodies, Drugs aka Pills, Black Book, Bunny, Bunny Lion, Wolves.
It's like alphabet stew thrown together.


"Lipstick is for whores, Bunny."


Ok , but "I wanted to leave it up open for interpretation."


Key word here is INTERPRETATION>as I'm not so sure I got it but what I did get was just fine.


What did you do to them is the ultimate question to ponder.


Max made from Bunny, but is he real?


Is anything about this real?


That's the workshop. Boys and Bunnies?
WTF?


Ok...hang on folks....let me help you here.


Sam is an artist /writer not a loner or crazy gal.


Ava is in her heart 'Samantha's heart' but Sam must let her imagination stop running wild.
"The breeze is my lover. Meet my lover, the breeze."


Ok uhmm...


Sam loves Ava and told Max who also had similar feelings.


She than proceeds to grab her Ax and hides it in her coat.


Now we wonder what happened to AVA?


Well, "You have to keep your eye on the bitch in the purloined dress,...you have to"
Eventually we learn they all graduated and Sam rode off into the sunset but not alone.
OH, and Swan aka AVA well she'll never be let go. She's alive on the roofs and trees of her mind.


Well that's all I go for now.


It's wild, crazy, delusional in spots but what the heck, have a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment