Saturday, April 18, 2020

Book Review: "Blood Victory" By Christopher Rice

While I admire other reviewers, writers, bloggers, and readers who voted much higher on this one I'm probably that one gal that's in the minority.

I read Blood Echo and felt much the same as I did with Blood Victory just mediocre but nothing that really took off.

Was it exciting? Adventurous? Thrilling? With suspects that were to die for?

Well, yes but that spark was missing for me.

The spark in which you ease along and lose track of time, flipping pages faster than pancakes, with an ending that ignites the whole house of cards.

For me none of this was present as the exciting journey to catch this trucker that was getting his kicks on Route 66(hypothetically speaking) was weird.

To make it worse, the idea that someone would go to such extremes to catch this nut, and try to pull it out being undercover, while he's running around drugging other people using bondage type devices or whatever with sexual innuendos and pleasures just wasn't my thing.

Get ready for plenty of terror, torture, and what we shall call is the 'seedlings'....
Eighteen hours in a storm cellar while this horror played out was quite the scene..

Thank you to Christopher, the pub, Netgalley, and Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment