Monday, April 6, 2020

Book Review: "Unchained" by Helen Hardt

In all fairness I don't normally go out of my genre such as this fantasy, paranormal, and romance such as this new work but I thought I'd try it and I don't think I was so good in my selection.

The writing for me was closer to a three star but the material was so heavy, deep, disturbing, and full of vulgarity among other things that I just couldn't get beyond it all to enjoy.

This isn't to say I don't enjoy this type of genre because I have read others that I've enjoyed but this was just way too intense for my tastes and it was that way from the start so it was hard to simply ease into it or let your foot off the pedal to enjoy it.

Needless to say as I mentioned the writing was good but it wasn't anything that would hold my interest.

If this is your thing, it will show, in the higher ratings which I do hope this obtains.

Thank you to Helen, the pub, Netgalley, and kindle for this arc in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment