Saturday, April 11, 2020

Book Review: "Witness to Death" By Heather Graham

This is not what most of us have come to love and enjoy from Heather Graham and was certainly not the best I've read from her.

With this said, I felt the 'dog' GEORGE seemed to have more high level interest than the characters and built up more thrills than the plot which made it all feel weird, bizarre, and odd.

Witness to Death was about Lorna witnessing a murder as she's now the state's prime witness and ironically the killer is set loose out free on bail.

Of course, we need a savior - so enter- NYP's finest Andrew who must protect her at all cost but not before a romantic entanglement.

Poor George, doesn't make it through this madness but in the end we do sail off into the sunset with peace, happiness, rainbows, and unicorns appeal.

I'm just not that into this one for the obvious lack of build up, suspense, mystery, intrigue, and excitement that I've come to expect from this author.

With this said, I've also heard from other reviewers that this was a reprint from an earlier work (1985) but I couldn't find any record of such other than from Goodread's reviewers. Everything I've found on purchasing sites shows it's a new edition due out end of April. I've also checked the author's website: https://www.theoriginalheathergraham.com/more-books

So  there you have it and I hope you enjoy! Either way be kind and love one another. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment