Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Book Review: "Cut and Run" By Fern Michaels

Who knew this author grew up just 3 hours to the far left of my state. Or for that matter, who knew her real name wasn't FERN? ME! OMG! Newbie writer, reader, reviewer here.

My 2nd home was and still is the library. It's where I went to feed my kids, to get educated, to help my kids enjoy the love of reading, and to eventually find myself and my talents lost in a book. Actually make that many books over 1k reads a year.


So, do me a favor read Fern's bio as you'll learn so much like I did about her.., "When my youngest went off to Kindergarten, my husband told me to get off my ass and get a job. 


Those were his exact words. I didn’t know how to do anything except be a wife and mother. I was also a voracious reader having cut my teeth on The Bobbsey Twins, Nancy Drew, The Hardy Boys, Cherry Ames and the like. The library was a magical place for me. It still is to this day. Rather than face the outside world with no skills, I decided to write a book. For some reason that didn’t intimidate me. As my husband said at the time, stupid is as stupid does. Guess what, I don’t have that husband any more. Guess what else! I wrote 99 books, most of them New York Times Best Sellers."

Is this not fascinating? My god I think we married the same man?!


What a true inspiration for us all!!!

Can we not just all stand up and give her the applause she deserves!


I had no idea...but luckily she worked through it as I think I'm following in her footsteps.
I have three teens and have been told that," I don't deserve a break till my kids are 18." Oh, and don't forget the famous line, "Get a job." Of course, he failed to mention he'd hide in the woods and refuse child support for over a year while we lived on credit cards w/o a home or job to survive.


Just like this author I've attempted to crawl back out, since 2010, following separation and subsequent divorce in 2013. Needless to say even with a dual masters + 20 yrs volunteering and every accolade ie. high honors & with national awards for public service - non of it matters with a wage gap in employment.


I sit typing this in extreme poverty praying for a miracle. As my teens are now 19,16, and 13 and the father has only weekend visits and couldn't care about their needs and wants. IE. College, cars, lab tops, proms, class rings..You know all the expensive items.


Ok, I digress, this book was a good read and I truly enjoyed it!


Countess Annie de Silva where are you?


Her friends are worried as they are a 'sisterhood'.


Could she have left to go back to the mountain in Spain- a spot where both her best and worst days were had?


Could she have been called back to the monastery?


With pinpoint accuracy and thrills this one will have you wondering, waiting, and hoping for the best.


Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment