Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Book Review: "The Family Upstairs" By Lisa Jewell

Will the real 'owner(s)' please do us all a favor and stand up?

Ok, now that I have your attention what's up with the multiple storylines, confusing characters, sociopaths with suicide packs, and the houseguests from the past who refuse to leave?


Ahhh! Just another strange, twisted, eery thriller that's plain nuts with affairs, babies, and love potions that are cray-cray.


No seriously I've read the other reviews and granted many reviewers must keep it kosher because they get ARC's --I'm not one of them --Not with Atria --no complaints because it was good but not great here.


I hope you find what you like in this one but for me the story lacked and paganism just wasn't my thing.


Hey, if that's what floats your boat --go with it!


Just a three star from this unpaid trade blogger with nearly 1100k reads for the year; 95% current Netgalley approval; 9 top publishers via booktours ; and Top 15 USA reviewer.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment