Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Book Review: "Disappearing Earth" By Julia Phillips

Have you ever started reading a book based solely on the enjoyment it brought to others which resulted in high reviews & thought to self,"What the heck, I'll try it!"

Sometimes you are your best judge and while I enjoyed the read it missed some marks for me mainly in the fact that two girls are missing in a small Russian town & the whole town can't move on.

The characters are plenty, the setting is immense, the plot is growing at a rapid pace --however, I had that feeling that the procedural aspect of the criminal investigation on the missing and or presumed dead girls was lost in all the back and forth.

In essence, this was a bunch of stand alone stories --set out a month ahead, yet it flowed well.

The journey was long, tedious, deliberate and I enjoyed the ending in which it all wrapped up nicely with the notion that they will always have each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment