Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Book Review: "No One Is Too Small" By Greta Thunberg


You must admit one thing this young girl has sparked a debate on climate change that may not have even gained traction if not for skipping school and or getting into a twitter debate with DT!

While I agree, two sides to every coin exists as we may not know all of the facts, the truth remains something clearly needs to be done and soon!

It may not be Doomsday or Armageddon but it's important and for those who ignore the problem the problem will become their children's problem and we can't afford to kick the can especially for those already suffering from air pollution ailments ie. asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, etc.

At her age, I was barely making the grades. I wasn't out in the elements sparking a global movement nor receiving the Nobel Peace Prize for my courageous thoughts and actions. Keep in mind she does have Aspberger's Syndrome which hampers her efforts.

With this said, "The real power belongs to the people." In fact, Time magazine made her 'The Person of the Year' headlined as "The Power of Youth."

I think we can all agree to these statements or this one,"Humanity is now standing at a crossroads. What do we want the future living conditions for all species to be like?"
She may be a pint sized sixteen yr old but she packs a mighty punch in getting her voice to be heard and since Greta can't yet vote it's a valiant start in getting focus towards eradicating a long term problem.

"Don't speak of lowering when you need to stop emissions all together!

Currently I reside in a small coal mining town of Wilkes Barre Pa (Northeastern Region).

We grew up with black lung and the like and know the end result in mining coal with numerous lung diseases resulting in death.

Climate change is real!

In the past few years here we've had numerous EF2 tornadoes plus a minor earthquake that rocked my recliner (ironically I thought my son was playing games hiding behind it and pushing it forward).

Upon glancing at some fellow reviewers I noted some extreme heated debates on this subject with some extremely hateful commentary.

Regardless of what side you're on we can all do are part and not become divided on the issue.

This book was a collection of speeches from around the world as she traveled from the UN to the Capitol along with several mass street protests.

The writing was ok but not great however, it's not in the writing but the vision those words convey to the audience.
I recently read where another reviewer felt compelled to use nothing more than negative connotations with anger being the main focus point.

Folks the haters will hate and often times do because they can't compete or feel inadequate. When they are going low you go high!

It's disgraceful that our own president and his family had so much to say against this young lady calling her approach a "marketing gimmick" in response to Time magazine's cover article or DT going off on his tangent about her needing to 'chill' and go see a movie.

I'm certain this comment from DT gained plenty of attention in his own words,"Because I believe in clean air and clean water. Very simple. We have the cleanest air, we have the cleanest water -- cleaner than it's ever been before in our country. (This is a lie.)

I'll leave you with her own words to DT, " “Honestly, I don’t think I would have said anything because obviously he’s not listening to scientists and experts, so why would he listen to me?

“So I probably wouldn’t have said anything, I wouldn’t have wasted my time,” she said.

I hope you enjoy the insight this book brought and continue this important discussion on climate change and global warming.

No comments:

Post a Comment