Saturday, December 28, 2019

Book Review: "Forged Through Fire" By Mark D. McDonough

"My scars remind me that God leads the way; I just need to remind myself to let him.

"What a remarkable death defying story that is truly worthy of every accolade imaginable.

While I've never had such an experience, I do have a close friend who endured the pain and torture of skin grafting and numerous surgeries and the claw like fingers with thick scarring over the hands.

She and her family also were severely burned over most if not all of her body but the beauty is in her courage to continue on and I'm sure this author feels the same.


It's not what held you back but what propels you forward you're all just so blessed in the arms of God.

There can be no explanation as to the 'why me' but there's a reason as to 'the messenger and the message.'

I'm so honored to have read this book that discussed everything in fine tooth detail while wearing your heart on your sleeve.

The hardships have forged a stronger person indeed and we are lucky to bear witness to such.

No more concealing clothes...this statement struck me to the heart as my best friend endured the daily struggle to fit in and belong. I used to tell her she was beautiful inside and out but could never force her to understand that beauty is within.

She was so self conscious -constantly re-adjusting her makeup- her hair style- her clothes and jewelry to never show a scar. 

Yet it's those very scars that made her and you who you are today!

May God Bless All who are in similar circumstances as the pain is unbearable but remember that the journey is worth it.

Thank you for sharing your pain and hardships and addressing something near and dear to my heart! 

With all my love to you and yours...

Thank you for this amazing ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment