Sunday, December 8, 2019

Book Review: "The Wild One" By Nick Petrie

In all fairness I've only read one other book in this series besides this one so be gentle with this review.

I have to be fair, reserved the others at my local library and plan to enjoy reading those few I missed as I think it's important if you write reviews on series that you read all in the series.


So with this said, this review score may go up depending on those prior works that may shed new light here in understanding Peter Ash and his relationships with his characters and his settings.


For me it just seemed to be a chase of a parent and child that seemed to be descriptive yet lacked a real basis for thrills.


Sure the setting was great, everything seemed to be heading in one direction, but I felt like a cat chasing her tail and it just kept spinning in that one direction.
I love twists and turns and real drama and or thrills that keep me on my edge which shoot out from nowhere.


So for me I lacked all that in this one and I'm not sure if it's because I don't have the proper background to have a complete understanding of the direction the author is choosing to go with Peter Ash and his relationships to others.


I do know his suffering from PTSD may have quite a bit to do with this notion as well as the idea that time is critically important here.


The evil by civil servant idea is ok but surely the missing grandson and the Icelandic setting was all magical to process and endure.


Perhaps there's more to come here so stay tuned for updates on this review.



Thank you to the author and publisher for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment