Monday, June 8, 2020

Book Review: " And Every Morning the Way Home Gets Longer and Longer" By Fredrik Backman

“Our teacher made us write a story about what we want to be when we're big," Noah tells him.
"What did you write?"
"I wrote that I wanted to concentrate on being little first."
"That's a very good answer."
"Isn't it? I would rather be old than a grown-up. All grown-ups are angry, it's just children and old people who laugh."
"Did you write that?"
"Yes."
"What did your teacher say?"
"She said I hadn't understood the task."
"And what did you say?"
"I said she hadn't understood my answer.”

*This sums up the entire book quite well with the exception of memory loss, love, loss, regret, and reflection upon getting old gracefully. A young man looking up to his grandfather and all the stories he can tell.


I'm a nurturer, an empath, a mother, and a fan of Fredrik (to name just a few) so I'm hoping these past two book reviews were hiccups to something much bigger and better.


Thank you to Cloud Library for this audio.

No comments:

Post a Comment