Sunday, June 14, 2020

Book Review: "The Silvered Serpents" By Roshani Chokshi

"Love did not always wear the face one wished it would. Sometimes it looked downright monstrous."

When the power one seeks comes not from any book or special momento but within one's very own soul.


Victory comes with a cost but what if you could hold all the power with a special artifact; one that is as powerful as God? "A tale of love and betrayal as the crew risks their lives for one last job."


What truly captured my heart with this novel was everything ~from the tenacity built throughout each character to the ever thickening plots to the entire reflective process and the love and betrayal that festered as each character discovered new dimensions about themselves.


Long after you close the final chapter you're left pondering with reflection at the eloquent words of this author because she created such a powerful and thoughtful fantasy, a wonderful sci-fi YA novel with an air of mystery; questioning one's power, with words that jump off every page at the readers making one wonder what could she possibly tackle next...yet dancing for joy that she'll tackle it and you'll surely line up to be the first to read it all over again.


Each character held their own with vivid action and splendid detail. Plots and plot twists were cast like lighting ~striking when you least expected~ putting readers like myself into a frenzy.


I must admit I've not read TGW as this is the 2nd in this series but you can bet your booty I just reserved it after getting an early copy of this one.


After reading some of my favorite blogger/reviewer's commentaries I can attest to the truths and this is one hell of a read.


It's a genre I often neglect but for which if it wasn't for bloggers like Chelsea and Nilufer and their fantastic reviews I'd probably not even go near. It's because of their reviews that I venture out of my comfort zone so please give them and this author all the glory.


I would be remiss if I didn't mention Laila and her situation in seeking the Divine Lyrics but also in her complications she experienced with life.


Severin is still upset over the fact that the secrets failed to protect Tristan but sometimes one just needs to respond to the power of a word, a meaning, or a human touch and that could literally change everything.


Yes, I was caught off guard completely with Zofia but I won't go into detail -suffice to say it's a shocker.


As Severin and his team members go to Paris the reality of the icy heart of Russia lures them into a cold dark world of chilling murders, broken goddesses, and long ago forgotten mansions.


Riveting! Powerful! Exceptional!


Thank you to Roshani Chokshi for this splendid imaginative and extremely creative work of art
!

No comments:

Post a Comment