Monday, June 29, 2020

Book Review: "The Second Hostage" By Jeffrey Deaver

One of the issues I've always had with short stories is the issue of nothing ever being resolved with cliff hangers for endings.

I enjoy reading Jeffery Deaver's work and have read several to date but in this case there's just too many untidy issues.
Colter Shaw is a reward seeker turned hostage negotiator for the Humble police department.


A mother of a teen runaway has offered 3k for her safe return of her 19yo named Emma.


A blow up over drugs seems to be the reason why her sudden departure.


Now there's another issue involving a scam...with nothing available for Shaw to do.


Ignore the golden rule to never get involved...


Well, there you have it. Take it or leave it.


I can't offer much else other than I bumped it up to three stars because I know Deaver's work is often wonderful and this may just be a bump in the road for me.


Thank you Bibliotheca for this e-read in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment