Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Book Review: "The Mall" By Megan McCafferty

“And for the first time all summer, The Mall was exactly where I wanted to be.”
― Megan McCafferty, The Mall


Well, maybe not because while this was great for the late 80's and early 90's group it lacked that luster and shine that completed the characters with intensity and brawn to match.


While I enjoyed the match up with Cassie it was the disaster that followed with the quarantine, the disease, the break up, the lack of dialogue that felt tested rather than simply being present.


Ohhh Girl-Tell 'em how ya feel-will ya please?


Ok, Sorry but this needed to be said because I just felt like this was a nice plot, some good characters, but it needed that spice.


Well, there you have it -so I hope this finds you well-as I must famously omit I too fell for the Cabbage Patch Doll craze and I'm sure I have a few lying around in a basement or attic somewhere but seriously this was a good read especially for the genre.


Thank you to Megan, the pub, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment