Friday, May 31, 2019

Book Review: "The Apology" By Eve Ensler

An apology that was never received is finally offered by Eve to herself in this beautifully written and eloquently felt new work entitled, "The Apology."

The Apology is more than just forgiveness, it's empowerment, it's courage, it's strength, it's life.


For survivors of abuse it's about acknowledgement, validation, and moving forward in reclaiming a life that was stolen.


As a survivor of abuse myself I know this pain, I know this heartache, I know the emotional roller coaster but I also know redemption, I know tenacity, I know rebuilding.


You see the one thing abuse focuses upon is power. It's a control issue for the perpetrator. It's the notion that he or she could simply walk into your life and take something away and often without consequences or even acknowledgement but rather shame and blame.


Re victimization is common in the court system and I'm so grateful that Eve found the courage to speak out against her abuse having been sexually and physically abused by her father at the young age of five years old.


She was just a child when this happened and yet she was able to rebuild, recover, and reclaim her life and you can too.


It's more than just a #MeToo movement it's a revolution. 


It's a change that is needed , a watchful eye, a call to end injustices upon us all.


What a powerful story and what a moving tribute to the power of one!


The mind is a beautiful thing, the voice a beautiful treasure, the soul an amazing legacy.
A must read!

No comments:

Post a Comment