Monday, May 27, 2019

Book Review: "The Last Time I Saw You" By Liv Constantine

There comes a time in one's life when you must ask am I surrounded by A-holes or do I really have a problem?

For Lily she dies not at the hands of her maker but rather someone close to her (which is all I'm willing to offer up in terms of spoilers).


Her daughter Kate and Kate's friend Blaire become investigative buggers seeking every angle of the evidence but someone apparently wants them to stop and sends Kate nasty texts and animals to spook her.


Her anxiety disorder I'm sure is reaching epic heights but look the killer could be anyone so everyone is a suspect at this point.


I have to laugh because my notes midway through were like this "Gordon is the Killer, No it's Hilda, It has to be Sabrina or Simon, but wait there's Harrison, and then Randolph enters the picture and oh my word I give up...."


I'm sure the idea that Blair couldn't have kids and the fact she miscarried is up there in terms of making her prime suspect especially when Carter left her.


I'm also certain Simon was prime suspect for the mere fact he
's so close to Kate but it's his mother in law and who doesn't love their own mother in law?! (enter sarcasm here).
I'm actually shocked by other reviews claiming it was redundant, repetitive, or that they figured it all out in terms of uncovering the facts before they were revealed?

I must live under a rock or I'm not the brightest bulb because I have a masters in criminal justice, have read thousands of thrillers, and I had no idea till it was finally revealed.


This is why I tell others read it yourself and form your own conclusion because anything could off set a review including having a bad day, being too preoccupied, or having been in a fog reading too many books.


I personally loved it and hope you do too!
A fab read for 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment