Sunday, May 26, 2019

Book Review: "Can't Hurt Me" By David Goggins

Bad Ass or Crazy?!

You decide but either way know this he doesn't quit, he goes full steam, he does not rest!
I first came across the author from a tv show that showcased his work and was enamored by his hard core routines not just physically but mentally.


Hell I was the gal who decided to do crossfit in my late 40's and have done every high intensity workout regime out there so I get it believe me after 3 kids without stomach muscles and several c sections (1 emergency) I do get it! 

Rhabdo is no joke and I've seen many nearly die from it! 

"Researchers are warning that a potentially fatal kidney condition, that has been linked to Crossfit, is on the rise. Called rhabdomyolysis, the condition causes muscles to break down or leak, releasing a protein, myoglobin, into the bloodstream. ...Rhabdomyolysis has traditionally been caused by physical trauma."Apr 7, 2017

However, I'm afraid this will lead the crazies to run off with the I'm superman or superwoman feel good bug and jump off a cliff just for thrills!


There must be a time and place for everything and pushing yourself to such severe extremes can be deadly!


In fact we had a situation locally in which a young woman collapsed on the finish line at our Steamtown Marathon in Scranton Pa. 
https://wnep.com/2017/04/02/woman-dies-after-completing-scranton-half-marathon/

I've known others who collapsed and died on treadmills simply working out.
So please know your limits but challenge yourself how you see it.
The most important thing is to not give up and while the language used is strong it was motivational to a point.


Congrats on your achievements.


While I would not quite push myself to your level as I have my limits I think you're vision is a vision worthy of noting.


Be your best whatever your best may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment