Saturday, May 18, 2019

Book Review: "Trust Exercise" by Susan Choi

This is one of those books you either love or hate based on perception, depth, emotion, and reader's level of intrigue.

For me it was a bit confusing on all fronts as it began in the 80's with an art school but forwarded into the future, and threw in plenty of twists that left readers questioning 'WTH' just happened. 


Was I imagining what I read, did the author wish me to take it seriously, what about that ending was that a barn burner or not?


It was just too much especially when the art teacher challenges the students to use perception to trust one another.


When David and Sarah fall for one another and in fact do something beyond measure in front of their fellow students in one of the school rooms it makes me really go mad inside.
Like really why?


But ok, it's all good for some so perhaps variety is your thing and this may suit you well but for me it was too far off my norm to enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment