Sunday, February 28, 2021

Book Review: "Float Plan" By Trish Doller



I'm in the minority on this one as the overall theme of Ben -the fiance- committing suicide didn't sit well with me -right from the start.

Float Plan sounds like an adventure, and in some ways I suppose it was for Anna, an adventure in discovering oneself after grief while struggling for independence.
Surely, Keane -the night in shining armor- and ship expert-sounds like what we need! For me, it was more of what we didn't need.

Struggles with life, love, loss and then travelling around the world proclaiming glory just was too far fetched.

The other item that rubbed me wrong, was the fact that everything was being compared back to Ben and Anna's former relationship with him.

So, it felt like going two steps forward and four backwards in time.

Moving on is hard to do especially on the circumstances surrounding this plot but the growth didn't seem to mature for me.

Thank you to Trish Doller, the pub, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment