Monday, February 8, 2021

Book Review: "The Push" By Ashley Audrain



If you could end the cycle of abuse for generations to come -would you? Violet is the fourth generation and we have to hold on to hope.

Would you even think about moving forward like Blythe and seek to have a meaningful and valued relationship in becoming a better parent than what you experienced?

Or, would you simply wish to leave the chips were they fall and become an animal parent and or adopt/foster a child?

As a single divorced mother of three teens I can tell you the job never ends. So, if you go into this job thinking it's a 9-5 you may as well find a new profession.

It's unconditional, requires undivided attention, tons of patience, enormous sacrifices, huge pockets of money, and layers of strong foundational networks and connections that will help carry you through the darkest of times -and their will be turmoil- so be prepared for the inevitable. Invest in Calgon and a good lock for the bathroom door while soaking in the tub.
Gargantuan tasks will be a must, being over extended in all directions, while mastering time management will help. However, you can never lose sight of yourself, your legacy, and your moral compass -NO, Matter What - Never sell your soul to the devil! Do you hear me Blythe? Cecilia (Mother)? Etta(Grandmother)?

The life of hard knocks is not how life is meant to be yet, so many of us have built a home upon it.

This land's been vacant for years and suddenly the bricks are being laid, the relationship takes shape, the children become the oak branches that extend outwardly.

I've heard so much about this book not just through the channels here but in the reading world beyond Goodreads via social media and cable networks.

I knew this was one I had to venture towards and enjoy and I'm so glad I took the gamble and held off over 250 ARC's to sneak this one in my TBR pile.

The tug and pull is evident from the start with the familial relationships and the kids that not only endured but who became adults and now have their own families to raise.

With new baby Violet on the horizon we notice that something's off but is it with the parent or the child. Is this a mental illness, a dietary issue, a behavioral issue or something far more sinister that may progress and ultimately develop into a major nuisance?

Safety shall be top priority not only in the home but out of the home. It's paramount.

What I can say is a baby stroller will never be looked at the same way ever again for this book ruined that memory. I can't imagine the fear. The worst thing for me with strollers was when my son climbed out of a five point harness and almost landed on his head. Although back in my day we had baby cribs, play pens, swings, high chairs, etc. always being recalled alongside strollers so I suppose things never change.

To say that this book took me by storm is an understatement as this was like a hurricane destroying everything in its path.

Of course, not everyone's on board with the idea that it's the child who has the problem in terms of acting out. Perhaps Blythe just needs time to unwind and relax or so her husband thinks.

But what if something happens that alters the course of everyone's life - to lose a child is the worst possible outcome for parents- yet, what if...
I just can't - Oh, hell NO!

Now, I know what you guys and gals are thinking but this goes way beyond into the realm of loss but there's a strong system in place & this family will survive - Right? This family is tight, RIGHT? --Violet loves her brother--RIGHT? Violet and Blythe--love one another--Right? Her husband, Fox--well, ok...we can't win 'em all! Fox, you dirty dog! Damn you!

Ugh!

Wait, where's Sam?

What's up with Violet these days? Did her mother ever really want her? Was she loved? So many parting questions to ponder...Was her mom truly cray-cray?

How is Violet holding up after everything that happened to her parents relationship?
I mean she's good --RIGHT?

Good, God!

I can't...Break out the Kleenex--You'll need it.. but that ending...
I have to run but I hope you love this too!

No comments:

Post a Comment