Monday, February 1, 2021

Book Review: "This Is the Fire" By Don Lemmon



First and foremost - Thank you Little Brown and Company and Don Lemon for this wonderful new addition entitled, "This Is The Fire."

This is a book with more than just a story to tell because it's a revolution, a spark for change, a time to get up and have your voices heard not just through action but necessary and needed legislation.

We cannot join hands and become united until we address our differences and come together to form a more perfect union.
Much like marriage we are in this together, we cannot harp, we cannot yell, we cannot hate - We must love.

Communication is key. Community policing is a must. Proactive not reactive is essential.
Many act out of fear. Many retaliate. White supremacy works out of both.
They are fearful of losing what they feel is their God given right via their Constitution without acknowledging the death, destruction, and abuse of power upon those less fortunate and those of color.

I must note here: I'm a family of mixed race. Both my older brothers (two of three- as I'm the only daughter) have married outside their race. Their kids are 'Welcome' into my home any day of the week. "My Casa is their Casa."

I couldn't care less what race, what nationality (my brother's wife is Cuban decent the other St. Lucian) nor what economic or any other distinguishing characteristic they possess.
You see when my brothers wanted to marry they asked for my father's blessing. In the same breath my father noted, "Do you love her?"

It was that simple, the obvious answer was, "Yes."
Children aren't born hating one another.
We can and must do better.

I've also married and happily divorced a malignant narcissist.
I'm still trying to recover from the aftermath which takes years to heal from not just the abuse and the outward appeal but the inward and the financial damage.
Bankrupt, Homeless, LT Unemployed, Zero Income, No Assets nor Credit, not a drop of Savings. My ex spouse even emptied our three kids college funds and then refused to pay child support after I gave up my career to raise our family.

This is the world today- It's the "Hurray with Me-The Hell With You"- and Yes, I too as a white woman have been subjected to these alpha males, white supremacist, and ignoramas.
I live in Northeastern Pennsylvania an area that cannot be pronounced (Wilkes-Barre) Scranton is my hometown. The birthplace of our 46th President Joe Biden.

Yet, this area is well known for stagnancy, corruption, racism, sexism, misogyny, and more.
It's impossible to even drive down the road without these white men hogging the road, spitting on my car, yelling profanities, mocking or terrorizing me and or my kids. I've had police pull up behind me and wait behind my car as I'm pulling out of my very own driveway.
It's because I've spoken out. I've worked on the front lines of volunteering. I see the empty promises and broken dreams. Much of the same as our country. I was sold the Kool-Aid and fell for the con artist.

We as a nation must know brainwashing, gaslighting, manipulation, threats, intimidation, fear, anger, sexism, racism, and more all stems from a certain group that are beneath us.
They want our attention, they craze adulation, they seek praise for their work.
Without that spotlight they're nothing.
Do not feed the NARCS!

They are toxic, dangerous, and operate from a false sense of self. Lacking in their own self they try to steal, conjure up, and claim the actions of others as their own. They'll take credit for work they themselves never performed while enticing others to do their dirty work for free.

These enablers as we've seen over the last four years in particular are ruthless and worthless.
Offering nothing but taking everything. It's the ME mentality as the Us vs. Them philosophy.
We cannot change until we call these ill-fated and mentally unhinged individuals out.
I'm in awe of your work and love watching CNN (at least during the free trial run I received at the start of the pandemic) as I'm in extreme poverty and just cancelled cable.
Therefore, one day I shall hope that "Silence is no longer an option."
As you noted many said Trump wasn't what we needed but as you and I know he spotlighted exactly what we are!

I'm actually happy he was in office because up till this point nobody believed my story of survival nor my claims of abuse. Perhaps his actions can spotlight the danger that lies behind closed doors because he worked his magic for the entire world to see.

God bless, stay safe, much love my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment