Friday, February 5, 2021

Book Review: "A Hanging At Dawn" By Charles Todd

 



I received this copy via Bibliotheca and was anxious to read it as an avid fan of Charles Todd (pen name) of this mother and son duo team.
I've enjoyed many of their works over the years but this one was less than 90 pages with the remainder of a promo for the upcoming book.
While it was a quick read it wasn't anything that really captured my interest nor kept me entertained as it was rather dull for me.
Bess Crawford is the battlefield nurse with Simon the young soldier and friend of Bess.
The two form a bond in which her father’s Regiment held the Khyber Pass against all intruders.
Simon taught her basically everything she knew after the Crawford family's interests in the tall angry boy. Simon owes Crawford a debt! A debt with huge consequences.
This was a good story with some interesting ebb and flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment