Sunday, February 21, 2021

Book Review: "Of Wicked Blood" By Olivia Wildenstein and Katie Hayoz



This was one of those books that caught my eye courtesy of my fellow reviewers of whom I trust their opinions and guidance in this teen YA genre.

As a newbie to this genre, I don't always request works but if they happen to come along my way I will reach out and this one spoke to me as a neatly wrapped audio with all the fixings.

The relationship between Slate (foster home child grown up thief) and Cadence (enchanted with Slate) is all I needed to know from this land of magic in Brume.

Stealing a Bloodstone a ring cursed to keep magic contained isn't the smartest thing to steal and definitely not when it's a killer to others. 

However, magical leaves is all that's needed to save Slate but will they arrive in time. How does all this boil down. I mean what if the Bloodstones leak dark blood into veins and wind up causing harm or worse death to Slate?

YIKES!

I mean this story was so refreshing with the dual narrative and was enhanced by the bad boy image vs. the good girl persona romantic twists and turns here.

After all, "Fuck's your favorite word...Isn't it?" Lol!
Ok, but we must attain for the fact that this budding romance is really all over the place. One minute it's up and hard and the next.. Oh, never mind!

"Your wholesomeness doesn't scare me." 

"I like you just the way you are- Foul tongue and all."

Sure, due but the oxygen deprivation to all parts of the body may need to be addressed.

When statues are coming to life, rings are turning to deadly consequences, and romance is on the rocks and then everything is revived and brought back to life using magic and fantasy alike...Ahhh! That's a win-win!

I'm not sure what will happen if the ring doesn't come off because there's no ambulances in the town of Brume but what I'm sure of is the fact that life will go on and perhaps Brume will be part of the ending.

Love, it!

Thank you to Olivia and Katie as well as their pub and Netgalley for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment