Thursday, February 16, 2023

Book Review: "The Bones Of The Story" By Carol Goodman

 



If you don't know, " Carol Goodman is the author of The Lake of Dead Languages, The Seduction of Water, which won the Hammett Prize, The Widow's House, which won the Mary Higgins Clark Award and The Night Visitors, which won the Mary Higgins Clark Award."

She's not someone without the skills to pay the bills and this is just one set example of why she can wow your socks off.

Take for example that readers are led on this maze of sorts to figure out who the party responsible is because the bodies are piling up. At last count I believe we had five if memory serves me right.

First before I go any further -I'm currently sick with Covid Pneumonia/Sepsis/Sinus Tach upon arrival at ER on the 10th. I was given antibiotics  for pneumonia w/o IV fluids and sent home. Needless to say an hour later I was confirmed with Covid with severe dehydration. So bare with me as I try my best to write this review because on the 10th I also lost my dad from end stage cancer/heart attack/three separate heart issues.

This story begins with this 25 years ago death of a writing student and her professor who died while searching for her.

Now, the timeline jumps to students and one particular possibly capitalizing on her mom's death. Gunshots ring out. People are being shoved. Bodies are hidden in towers.

There's a whole ton of craziness with more deaths on the horizon.

Meanwhile, Laine's missing and now Ruth seems to have attracted much attention for possessing something.

I'm sorry, I have Covid fog...was that Ruth or was that Bridget Feeley....You know, it's so hard to keep things straight (enter sarcasm here).

Who is drugging who here because Lord knows this is getting scarier by the minute!

People are being forced out of locations and now at gunpoint!

Wait, what?!

What or who is Blur - Girl? Is she seeking revenge from the past?

Ya know it's hard to get good treatment these days and perhaps there's nothing wrong with taking matters into one's own hands, or is there?

WOW!!! RUN for this one !

Thank you to Carol Goodman, William Morrow, and Netgalley for this ARC. This diamond is due out : July 11th 2023!

No comments:

Post a Comment