Saturday, February 25, 2023

Book Review: "Such A Beautiful Family" By T.R. Ragan



From zero to hero in ten seconds flat....

T.R. Ragan is at it again this time with her newest piece, "Such a Beautiful Family" a thriller that is a fantastic stand alone.

For those who reviewed saying this is 'predictable' I'd beg to differ as I had no idea what was coming at me but suffice to say I knew I should duck or get the hell out of the way.
To clear the air it begins with Nora Harmon, married to David, with daughter Hannah and son Trevor dating age and possibly pregnant.

There's a new job offer from Jane whose engaged to Richard (dentist) and so she takes up on the offer for better salary and more time for kids.

This book started off in the past with regrets from a horrific accident that killed members of one particular family the parents and their child.

Sadly, that woman vowed for revenge but we don't know who she is until later in the story as the pieces begin to tie together.

It's the eye for an eye theory brought to life with everyone having no clue and seemingly oblivious to their surroundings as this woman tries to entice them with gifts and monetary goods, even services to get her way.

Jane is the type of gal that would do anything to get ahead or the very least get even! She takes up on such displays even at work in which she attempts to be coniving in her ways with fellow co-workers and get one up to win their respect and earn their approval via furthering her own job agendas.

Jane was truly enamored by just how wonderful and beautiful Nora's family was and she wanted into that world in everyway possible. So much so she was willing to put it all on the line to steal the thunder.

Things heated up terribly in the middle and by the time that ending rolled around things were going up in flames everywhere, people were driving off cliffs, others were fearing for their lives, while others were jumping into murky water for safety without safety gear.

It's one heck of a read that I hope you'll enjoy much like I myself did and hope you too will read it with an open mind and not think too much into things from the onset.

I'm always amazed at those who claim they knew the end result because for me I lose myself into the story, the plot, the characters so much so that I live in that moment and don't jump ahead to conclusions too much in my mind especially as a speed reader.

Therefore, my advise to those reading is to live in the moment and enjoy it all! It's a pure gem!

No comments:

Post a Comment